If you’re a fan of both pasta and pizza, why not combine the two with this unique pasta pizza recipe? This dish will give you the best of both worlds in one delicious and satisfying meal.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces cooked pasta (such as penne or spaghetti)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet or a pizza stone.
- Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the pizza dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add the cooked pasta on top of the sauce, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese on top of the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let the pizza cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh basil and parsley over the pizza.
- Slice the pizza and serve hot.
- Use any type of pasta you like for this recipe, but make sure it’s cooked al dente so it doesn’t become mushy in the oven.
- You can also add any other toppings you like, such as sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, or cooked sausage.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs instead. Just reduce the amount by half.
This pasta pizza is a great way to use up leftover pasta and create a new and exciting meal. It’s also a great option for a quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love. You can customize the toppings to your liking, making it a versatile and adaptable recipe.
In addition, you can make this recipe even healthier by using whole-wheat pizza dough and low-fat cheese. You can also add more vegetables to the mix, such as spinach or roasted bell peppers, to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
This unique pasta pizza recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the best of two Italian classics. It’s a great option for a quick and easy dinner or a weekend indulgence. Customize the toppings to your liking and make it your own. Enjoy!