This easy tomato pizza recipe makes wonderful homemade pizza. Tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, Parmesan, and thinly sliced Roma tomatoes are added to a pre-made pizza crust. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper, and add fresh basil or red pepper flakes for flavor. Bake until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden. This recipe makes a tasty vegetarian lunch or dinner. Try and enjoy!
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (or make your own from scratch)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: fresh basil leaves, red pepper flakes, garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Place the pre-made pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the crust, leaving about 1/2 inch of space around the edges.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Arrange the thinly sliced Roma tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, add any additional toppings such as fresh basil leaves, red pepper flakes, or garlic powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious homemade tomato pizza!