Are you a fan of pizza and baked potatoes? Well, what if we told you that you could combine these two delicious foods into one mouthwatering snack? Introducing the pizza baked potato recipe!
This recipe is perfect for when you’re in the mood for something cheesy and savory but want to switch things up from the traditional pizza or potato dishes. The best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make, and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen.
- 4 medium-sized baking potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings (such as pepperoni, sliced mushrooms, diced bell peppers, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Wash your potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel. Pierce each potato several times with a fork or knife to allow steam to escape while baking.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture over the potatoes until they are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until they are cooked through and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Cut a slit in the top of each potato and gently press down on the sides to open it up. Using a fork, fluff the inside of the potato.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce inside each potato, making sure to get some sauce on the sides as well.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings to each potato. You can use as much or as little as you like, but keep in mind that the potatoes won’t be able to hold too many toppings.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the toppings, and then add a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the potatoes back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once the cheese is melted and bubbly, remove the potatoes from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and cheesy pizza baked potatoes!
There are endless variations to this recipe, so feel free to get creative and customize it to your liking. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- BBQ chicken pizza baked potatoes: Substitute the pizza sauce for BBQ sauce and add cooked shredded chicken and sliced red onions as toppings.
- Veggie lover’s pizza baked potatoes: Load up your potatoes with your favorite vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms, diced bell peppers, and sliced onions.
- Hawaiian pizza baked potatoes: Use ham and pineapple as toppings for a sweet and savory twist on the classic pizza.
- Meat lover’s pizza baked potatoes: Add cooked crumbled sausage, sliced pepperoni, and bacon bits as toppings for a meaty and flavorful snack.
The pizza baked potato recipe is a fun and easy way to combine two classic comfort foods into one delicious snack. It’s perfect for a quick and satisfying dinner or a game-day appetizer. The best part is that you can customize it to your liking and experiment with different toppings to create your perfect combination. So, grab some potatoes and get baking!