Pepper & mushroom socca pizza
Are you looking for a pizza substitute that is both tasty and good for you? This pepper and mushroom socca pizza should be your first and only choice. This pizza is sure to become a new favorite because it is prepared with a gluten-free and protein-rich socca crust, and it is topped with flavorful vegetables.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, water, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- In a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced peppers and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the sautéed veggies and place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the socca crust is set and lightly golden.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and spread the pizza sauce evenly over the crust.
- Top the pizza with shredded mozzarella cheese and return it to the oven.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Slice and serve your delicious pepper and mushroom socca pizza hot.
Enjoy your healthy and tasty homemade pizza!