Italian pizza is loved worldwide. Fresh, handmade pizza, whether Margherita or else, is the best. With the appropriate recipe and practice, homemade pizza is easy. This post will walk you through preparing a superb Italian pizza from scratch.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice (such as pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the olive oil and warm water, and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Punch down the dough and divide it into two equal pieces. Roll each piece out on a floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Transfer the pizza crusts to a lightly oiled pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crusts, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce, and add your desired toppings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Pizza prepared at home is fun and satisfying. You can make a restaurant-quality pizza with a few simple ingredients and a little patience. Try different toppings and sauces to get your perfect pizza. Don’t be scared to make mistakes—even a bad pizza can be delicious. Get your apron, prepare your oven, and enjoy some wonderful homemade pizza!
Enjoy your delicious homemade Italian pizza!